:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Saturday, February 6, 2021

To Sir, With Love by Lauren Layne

TO SIR, WITH LOVE is about living the life you were meant to live.  It is a romance that grips the reader’s heart as the sparkling would-be artist Gracie fights to keep her father’s legacy safe from demolition by the reserved developer Sebastian.

I loved the heart gripping romance of this story.  It builds slowly amid “complications” and insecurities.  While the narrative is from Gracie’s point of view I often found myself feeling more for Sebastian’s plight because he only let glimpses of what he was feeling occasionally reach his eyes.

This is a must read if you were a You’ve Got Mail, The Shop Around the Corner, or In the Good Old Summertime fan.  It is clearly inspired by these whimsical movies, but shines with its own unique plot elements and excellent writing.

I received an advance copy of this book.  This is my voluntary review.

No comments: