:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

An Unexpected Find by Hayleigh Sol

There are several things I like about the book.  My favorite character was Jackson because he was honest with his feelings and didn’t try to change Sophie but he also remained true to himself even when it didn’t yield what he wanted.  His ability to talk to his family when things bothered him made him even more like-able. 

Sophie I didn’t really start to relate to until near the end.  As superficial as it sounds, someone else’s description of what she looked like softened her for me.  I thought of her as too organized, prone to overthinking, and being bogged down in superfluous details at times. The scenes with her mother seemed to solidify that image I had of her.

I loved the plot!  What an interesting way for these two characters to meet and interact.  I liked how the collaboration seemed to effect Jackson every time.  It was hard to picture where Sophie’s ideas were coming from - not from experience, I would guess.  

If you like the idea of a relationship starting over anonymous written messages and continuing sight unseen as the couple’s feelings transform through their interactions that are not in person, you will enjoy this story.

I received an advance copy of this book . This is my voluntary review.

No comments: