:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

For Us by Penny Wylder

I didn’t read the duet, so I don’t know how this version was put together but I generally prefer one book to a duet.  

The story itself was fine but I had trouble with the jumping back and forth between past and present so frequently.  It made it difficult to buy into the emotional connection between the characters in either era because of the interruptions in the stories.  The other thing was that even though the time that lapsed between the events was 8 years, the characters’ voices didn’t make me feel a maturity of 8 years.

The things that didn’t get my full investment in the story could be a matter of preference.  As far as being a second chance romance involving a pair in the acting field that first met in high school drama, it was an interesting story.


No comments: