As with all of the Scottish Billionaires series, keeping track of the blended McCrae family with 16 children is a part of the story, but SINGLE MALT intersects so many other stories so well, it is really like this world created by M.S. Parker really exists out there.
The thing about this story, though, is it is out of sequence. We already know what happens with Eoin (one of my favorite duets). It wasn’t until about half way through SINGLE MALT that I realized I also know what happens to Aline and Freedom. I admire the author’s consistency in the portrayal of Freedom because I thought the same things about her when reading Aline’s story - that she was too much in Aline’s business and treated Aline like a child.
I liked following the breadcrumbs in this story and look forward to where they will lead in part 2. The biggest mystery to me right now is how Freedom came to be so distrustful and guarded in her relationships. We only had a small clue on that. I am also interested in finding out if Brody decides to take a friend to Club Prive or the Black Masque.
This is a good story with much to be resolved in part 2.
No comments:
Post a Comment