:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Friday, July 2, 2021

Clover by Shandi Boyes

I’ve read all the books in this series, so I know the characters from previous books and their loyalties, quirks, etc.  CLOVER was confusing to me.  There were too many threads (Clover, Braxton, Dimitri, Cal) woven together that it was difficult to follow.

I wanted Clover and Estelle to have more time together.  He was a good character with a lot of intriguing hidden issues.  Estelle I had a hard time liking.  I like strong, sassy heroines but Estelle made me wonder why Clover would bother after awhile.

So, there are some really well written scenes both on the killing side and on the hotness side that can’t be overlooked.  This particular story just didn’t gel with me.

No comments: