:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Thursday, August 5, 2021

Boss Me by Blair Presley

There are so many good elements in this story - corporate enemies, espionage, stalking exes, cheating exes, workplace canoodling, jealousy, etc.  There are some areas of writing that made the book difficult to enjoy, however.

There is extensive repetition.  There is too much self talk going on and much of that is the same points already made using the same words.  The characters are not consistent - for example Preston is supposed to be an intelligent, successful, ruthless man but he can’t deal with Ivy decisively.

I ended up skimming a lot of pages, which I don’t do, because it was so repetitious.

I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.


No comments: