:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Saturday, September 25, 2021

Dirty Little Midnight Debacle by Lilian Monroe

It was very interesting to find out why Fallon suddenly left Heart’s Cove and Jen so suddenly six months ago.  It wasn’t what neither Jen nor I thought it was all about.  It does fit right into the tone of this story, however.

Lilian Monroe does such a good job characterizing Jen’s anxiety (especially in the opening pages) that I felt it and really wanted Jen to get over it.  By putting faith in Fallon, that anxiety was appeased somewhat, but he had his own issues rolling around in his head.

What I loved about this whole Heart’s Cove series is the midlife couples, the townspeople, the friendships, and always a new character or two to add those interesting twists.  With the background of the baking show, it was already going to have an element of suspense.  With the pairing of Fallon and Jen, we finally get to see the outcome of a relationship that carried through all the books.

I received an advance copy of this book.  This is my voluntary review.


No comments: