:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Thursday, June 23, 2022

Something Wilder by Christina Lauren

I grew up reading books that were sold as westerns but were also romances.  SOMETHING WILDER took what I loved about the beauty, isolation and ruggedness of the old west and made it into an adventure with two people still pining for their first love a decade after circumstances pulled them apart.

I was thoroughly immersed in the adventure.  Anyone with a taste for the old west knows about the Hole-In-The-Wall gang, Butch and Sundance and the Robber’s Roost.  The authors crafted this story with action, suspense and some really clever surprises along the way.

The separation and reunion 10 years later of Lily and Leo is the stuff those of us that love seeing the pain of their separation lift while they struggle with “can this last?”.  Leo and Lily did not disappoint us.

So combine this with funny moments, excellent writing and memorable secondary characters, SOMETHING WILDER is a book I couldn’t put down and was sad it was over when I was done.

No comments: