BEAST’S CAPTIVE is the second book in a series. I found it helpful to read the first book about Inessa’s sister Vera. This book takes place roughly two years after the start of The Killer’s Vow.
I enjoyed Inessa and Andrei’s story because it started with Andrei escaping from a Russian prison he was railroaded into being sent. Andrei had a heartbreaking childhood and was seeking vengeance.
I really liked how much Inessa had grown since Killer’s Vow, becoming much smarter, loyal, and the perfect person to heal some of the wounds Andrei lived with. Together they were smoking hot and the descriptive passages of their encounters were quite colorful.
The book was slow in places and there are a few people to keep track of to be able to follow the story and its plot twists.
I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.
No comments:
Post a Comment