:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Thursday, June 2, 2022

The Killer’s Vow by Aria R. Blue

THE KILLER’S VOW is a good story but the way it was told did not appeal to me. It was slow plot-wise, but clipped along at an attractive rate relationship-wise. I found myself wanting the story to feel more urgent in terms of the secrets and suspense.

There were some very appealing scenes in the book like the party close to beginning, but not enough time was devoted to those scenes. I started to lose track of what was important because there seemed to be a lot of unnecessary information. I thought I would need some of this to figure out the mystery but much of it was not extremely important.

I really liked both main characters, though. Each were easy to rationalize as “good people” even though they had some, let’s say… bad acts.

I did receive a copy to read in advance, but since it was already published and on KU, I opted to read the version that would enable the author to be compensated.

No comments: