:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Thursday, July 28, 2022

Close Quarters by Kandi Steiner

CLOSE QUARTERS is the first book I have read by Kandi Steiner and the only word I can think to describe it is spellbinding.

At first it seems like a mousy girl who takes photographs is out of her league as the girlfriend of a luxury yacht crew members.  Aspen longs to drop her boyfriend off at his new yacht job in the Mediterranean then backpack her way through Europe taking photographs for her portfolio.

Yacht owner Theo invites her to join them on the yacht, suggesting she can take photos for his guests and then go ashore in the towns they stop in.

That’s about the only way to sum up the foundation of the story, because from the first page, I was completely immersed in this story and this romance.  The author did a wonderful job making things seem one way, but somehow creating almost a discomfort that all was not as it seemed.  It became a story about what could go wrong even when things seemed so right.

I loved Theo and Aspen, the story, and even the very memorable descriptions of the cities in France, Italy and Greece.  I loved it most for the depth of feelings the author evoked through her writing, however.  I was so glad I decided to try out this book.

No comments: