The main characters in MICAH both have interesting baggage that adds to the depth of the story. Kelly (Hannah) is escaping an abusive husband. Micah suffers from a brain anomaly making speech difficult for him so he communicates with sign languages both formal and informal. What I absolutely loved about this book is how valuable it is to be able to be in Micah’s head, sharing thoughts he can’t always communicate with others.
So both Kelly and Micah have baggage. Kelly’s is worn more in the outside. She lacks confidence in herself not only in her ability to do things for herself, but also in her body image. But she and Micah have more in common than she realizes when he spends time taking care of her.
Micah’s devotion to Kelly seems a little over the top at times but it works in a romance between two people who could easily be so broken they couldn’t trust another person again.
I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.
No comments:
Post a Comment