:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Wednesday, September 28, 2022

The Cowboy by Tom North

When I started reading THE COWBOY, I was not aware it was a historical novellas set in the period of western expansion.  The writing set a tone with it’s choice of words that came off as stilted conversation.

I think the story idea was good but not well developed. For example, the story would indicate the passage of time but we were missing out on the connection forming between the two men.  When they did acknowledge their feelings, it seemed a little stilted.  The ending was too abrupt.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.

No comments: