:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Monday, November 7, 2022

Hate, Rinse, Repeat by Whitney Dineen

HATE, RINSE, REPEAT is the third book in the mom-coms of Gamble, Alaska and I have to say, my favorite of the three books.  First, Maisy and her son Jake made me laugh out loud with some of the snarky remarks, inside jokes, and just funny stuff.  Whitney Dineen does takes us to the cheap laugh occasionally (“Try not to cut the cheese today”) but that’s great 7 year old boy stuff.

Chase is a great character even though his anger at Maisy’s secret was the source of most of the tear inducing moments in the story.  How this secret was received by family, and the good citizens of Gamble made for uncomfortable moments - so well written that even I felt guilty and betrayed, at times.

So I devoured this story.  I hope we aren’t finished with the small town of Gamble.

I received an advance copy of this book from NETGALLEY and this is my voluntary review.

No comments: