:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Saturday, December 24, 2022

Before I Do by Sophie Cousens

BEFORE I DO is quite a good story of events surrounding a wedding. The wedding events are in real time beginning with the rehearsal.  The story, however, is told in a nonlinear fashion to establish all the connections, relationships and emotions that factor into what Audrey puts herself through leading up to her walk down the aisle.

It is really a remarkable example of writing that could easily have been confusion, but Sophie Cousens mapped this story out well.

Audrey’s feelings were meant to be shared by the reader.  We are sometimes disappointed in her, feel compassion for her, and laugh at her cleverness.  There are quite a few unexpected laugh out loud moments in the book.  I really enjoyed it.

No comments: