:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Mr. President by K. M. Mixon

MR. PRESIDENT is a story that has a lot of potential. I chose this story to read because being about the president, I thought we’d have a decisive,no-nonsense alpha-type male character. Dashel was like that initially but I felt his backbone and his purpose suffered as the story progressed. He didn’t do any work yet seemed to know how to act “presidential” when necessary. Otherwise, he seemed to get frazzled too easily.

Winnie was a better developed, consistent character. She fit the role of a subordinate finding instant attraction with her boss and struggling with acting on the forbidden relationship. Some of the other characters like Blake were under underutilized. There were really a lot of characters that had small footprints in the story but were very critical to the plot.

I thought there were too many steamy scenes that did not support the romance. Some things kept being repeated and lost their luster. Other times, too many things were tossed into the mix and the feelings weren’t there. I was very interested in how the suspense part of the story played out, so I confess to skimming over some of those encounters.

I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

No comments: