:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Saturday, January 21, 2023

Never Marry Your Brother’s Best Friend by Lauren Landish

NEVER MARRY YOUR BROTHER’S BEST FRIEND doesn’t really scratch the surface of what this engaging book is about.  It gets Luna and Carter in the same room then takes us on a wild ride of deception, humor, black eyes and the messy navigation of multiple families and their make up.

As I reflect on the story I am once again marveling how Lauren Landish writes these characters that are so memorable down to the greeting challenged dog or gardener and his precious rose bushes.  Carter’s family is extensive yet I remember each one of his brothers, sister and his niece.  

Carter was pretty unlikeable at first.  He doesn’t even totally redeem himself in my book, but Luna takes the good and bad.  His transformation is entertaining and necessary for Luna to have the man she deserves.  Great story.

No comments: