:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

The Bribe by Devney Perry, Willa Nash

THE BRIBE is the first book in the Calamity Montana series.  I decided to read it because I am waiting for the next book in The Eden’s series to come out and I love the way Devney Perry crafts a small town romance with just the right amount of suspense.

I want to say Duke falls first, but I think he is just more decisive than Lucy.  He is everything I love in a male MC - devoted. Or only to his girl, but to other people, too.

Despite her fame and reason for coming to Calamity, Lucy didn’t have a lot of stand out qualities, but it was clearly her life that drove the story.

I can see this becoming a really good series and this town and it’s people growing on me.

No comments: