Wells Covington has been an *sshole in our previous encounters. Ruthless, unforgiving, and intolerant of less than stellar performance from those working with him. He’s been trash talking the Collins brothers for finding their women when he is not only a playboy, but takes two ladies at a time.
He meet activist Meadow Carlson when she vandalizes at one of his work sites. She is brilliant, resourceful and can give Wells a run for his money. Her family plays a prominent role in the story.
I consume every one of the books in this series as soon as they come out. I wondered about Wells’ story after the last book especially. Even so, I was left wishing for more Wells in this story. I think we missed out on seeing what a rake he was.
I thought I might get through this book without shedding a few tears, but that didn’t happen. Alex and Sloane know how to pull us along that emotional rollercoaster. You really need to read this great addition to the Cocky Suits Chicago series.
No comments:
Post a Comment