:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Sunday, April 18, 2021

Sinner’s Lullaby: Mazzeo Mafia Duet book 2 by Nicole Fox

Lucio and Charlotte continue to burn up the pages, sheets, doors, supply rooms, walls, wine cellars and assorted surfaces with a passionate hate-love-hate-love story that concludes in SINNER’S LULLABY.

There is so much I loved about this story.  I don’t know which moved me more - Lucio’s first true understanding of what love felt like with his young daughter, or his fierce battle with himself over Charlotte’s betrayal.

There was never a lull in the action whether it was raids by the feds, ambushes by the Polish mafia, or emotional boatloads with exes.  Both Charlotte and I had some misplaced suspicions, and Luc and I were infuriated with Charlotte’s inability to listen when he was trying to keep her safe.  Evie and I (understandably) had a huge difference of opinion regarding Sonya.

The duet really worked.  The players in the Mazzeo Family I want to know more about are Enzo and Adriano.  I have a feeling all that was going on with Adriano is novel worthy on its own.  To be prepared, read the Matteo Mafia Family duet of Liar’s Lullaby and SINNER’S LULLABY by Nicole Fox.

No comments: