I had no trouble getting completely involved in this book right from the beginning. I wasn’t prepared for how easily Cameron would become smitten with Lakelyn. He’d been traveling as his rock star buddy’s manager for years, had superficial encounters with women, but was gobsmacked by Lakelyn, the girl who lived on the neighboring ranch all their lives.
There was plenty of passion and stem between the two of them - when Cam was not trying so hard not to give in to their mutual desires. Their accidental marriage made each of them wary of what the other’s long term expectations were. I became a little annoyed with Cam insisting they would take their relationship day by to to see how it goes and with Lakelyn for automatically assuming he meant to divorce her.
The background story of buying a racehorse and entering the Triple Crown circuit was creative and well researched. The book ended with an HEA for Cam and Lake and set up the circumstances for Logan’s story.
No comments:
Post a Comment