:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Wednesday, June 16, 2021

The Perfect Wife by A.L. Long

I really like the story.  It has the right amount of mystery and suspense to keep my attention.  After the entire book, we still aren’t sure what Davian actually does and there are far more questions than answers leading me right to the second book.

I have had trouble with liking Reyna because despite her modest upbringing, she behaves very spoiled and insists on doing what she wants when she knows Davian is trying to keep her safe.  I also find the writing a little stiff and formal.  It adds something to the mystery surrounding Davian, but doesn’t fit Reyna or some of the characters we meet later in the story.

I received and advanced copy of this book and this is my voluntary review.

No comments: