:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Sunday, September 19, 2021

Tempting The Devil by Morgan James

I have mixed feelings about this book.  The part of the story that dealt with the “mystery” kept me reading and interested in finding out what happened.  

The first half of the book was devoted more to Clay and Abby’s contentious relationship.  I thought the voice of the characters in that part of the story was immature for the age they appeared to be.  There was a lot of repetition of the negative self talk about the wisdom of their relationship.  Most of it was unnecessary drama, in my opinion.  I say that because the second half of the book was less focused on them and more on the suspense.

I give credit to the author for creating a character with dyslexia, how it is misdiagnosed and the impact that has on the individual.

No comments: