:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Saturday, October 23, 2021

There Are No Saints by Sophie Lark

 Intelligent, dark and psychologically gripping, THERE ARE NO SAINTS is a departure for Sophie Lark showing her versatility and depth as a writer.

I can’t say this was an easy book to read, but the discomfort was delicious.  It’s a book you read and say to yourself, “How can I like these characters??”  From out of the gate, Shaw and Cole are clearly horrible, but then we have Mara who seems to be both the catalyst for conflict and for transformation.

I had to push myself past the 30% mark because this book was out of my comfort zone, but I was rewarded with a fascinating psychopathic journey that thankfully is not over yet.  Book 2 cannot come soon enough.

I read an advance copy of THERE ARE NO SAINTS and this is my voluntary review of that book.

No comments: