:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Love And Other Words by Christina Lauren

I kept putting off reading this book for no real reason, but I am glad I finally settled in to read LOVE AND OTHERS WORDS.

A book is going to find people that read it in different places.  At the end of the book, Christina Lauren writes about her personal connection to some of the events in the story and how they added to her creation of Elliott and Macy.  The book had a personal connection for me, too, in that I shared some of Macy’s formative experiences with her - such that the waterworks first appear before being 20% into the book.

It’s an emotional book with the slow building of an epic romance and it’s tragic derailment.  We are taken back and forth between the past and present to bit by bit, uncover how these two could have gone wrong.  It brings a different kind of tension to the story.  The present has Macy and Elliott facing the the aftermath of their heartache.  The past has the tension of the reader knowing that something bad is going to happen to something so good.

There is so much to love and identify with in this novel.  Block off some time to read it because you won’t be able to find a way to leave it unfinished.

No comments: