In ONCE UPON A GRUMP Christian is the grumpy boss with some serious family and business challenges that really give him reason to be the grump. Along comes Lola, a quirky, bubbly and unintimidated-by-the-grump type who is fleeing her life in NYC for Stone Industries in Fairhope, CO.
It’s an entertaining story that stretches the boundaries of what people would likely do, but it’s done with both fun and passion between our two MC. Christian does his best to resist Lola’s pull, but her “crazy” leaves him helpless to her charms.
The only thing I didn’t like about the story was that it felt like it was already going along at a good clip before I entered it. In other words, I felt like there were things I should have known about but missed. It could have been the way the story was told or it could have been that there was actually an overarching theme that went through other books that I didn’t read (likely). Either way, I eventually got up to speed and figure out what I missed.
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
No comments:
Post a Comment