:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Corrupted Obsession by Kiana Hettinger

There is a lot that is unique and entertaining about CORRUPTED OBSESSION. You have to be prepared for a stubborn, impulsive and often difficult leading lady in Corinne. This was such a good character. Her internal dialog, especially with respect to her OCD, was so critical to accepting the uncooperative and even nasty, at times, external dialog. She does come off as “crazy” if you don’t pay attention, and no one paid better attention to her than Dante.

Both insisting they were not interested in a relationship, we soon realize they are the only two that believe this. Dante is swoon worthy in his understanding of Corinne’s demons (internal and external). He is also a caveman and insatiable in the carnal arts. They both are, so be prepared for many such episodes.

As far as the plot goes, I was surprised at the twists. I’m not surprised very often but the author is excellent at laying the trail, then teasing your attention elsewhere so you don’t appreciate the hints given until later.

It kept my interest. I do have to say that the cast of characters is getting a little large. It took me awhile to remember the stories with Ella and Leo or Dom and Fallon even though I read their books. There is a lot going on in all the stories. I enjoyed this one and would read Gabe’s when it comes out, too.

I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

No comments: