I’m really on the fence about how to rate this book. I fell in love with love story of Rhyann and Mason. It endured the test of time and distance like no other. ETERNALLY YOURS is the bringing together of Their friends and and families to celebrate their wedding. The history between them of Christmas in Manhattan was especially poignant.
So why three stars? If the word “Titan” had been removed from the story, I would not been a bit disappointed. It really annoyed me. It’s one thing for society to give a close group of wealthy men a “title” and some envy and reverence for what they think this life means. It’s entirely another to use it as a rather snobbish and privileged denotation that has to be mention at every turn as if it defines their character, status and worth of them and those who are linked with them.
In my mind, it cheapened the relationship when Mason so obviously adored Rhyann. Why did she have to keep bringing it up?
It is also a story bringing all the couples, their children and what looks like the next generation from Chicago. If you aren’t familiar with the characters, it doesn’t matter much but it does take from the feeling of camaraderie and sets the reader more on the outside looking in.
I received an advance review copy for free, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.
No comments:
Post a Comment