:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Monday, March 6, 2023

Things We Hide From The Light by Lucy Score

THINGS WE HIDE FROM THE LIGHT is a good book for the quality of the writing, small town feels, humor, and great character pairs.

I don’t know if it’s a trope, but this is a romance where one of the people “calms the storm” for the other.  Nash was in a bad place after being shot and he needed Lina to soothe his soul.

The romance had its great moments of conflict, passion and uncertainty.  Lina had the right balance of being feisty, but she wasn’t unreasonable or stupid.  Nash had the protectiveness I love in a hero, but he also acknowledged Lina was capable of taking care of herself.

As mystery and intrigue unfolded, I started to line up my suspects.  I enjoy a book that can make me want to figure out what happened.

No comments: