:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Friday, September 3, 2021

Unexpected Gift by R.S. Elliot

UNEXPECTED GIFT has some of the standard fake marriage trope components - inheritance demands, secret contract for marriage, woman needing money to take car of her family - but what it has more than that makes it a tough book to put down.

Amelia has secrets and deep down worries about her future but the present is focused on caring for her I’ll father.  She has a job I would love to have since I love math, and when she goes to work for Sawyer his goal is to make her miserable so she quits.  

She’s tough and doesn’t break, so Sawyer sees another use for her since his life has been spent building his grandfather’s company.  Yes, Sawyer loves work.

It’s one of those stories that I didn’t realize it was coming to an end because it had such a grip on my attention.  The secondary characters were well developed.  I loved how it ended.

No comments: